How to get Adobe Illustrator CS6 Free:
[Disclaimer: This tutorial will only work for Windows]
Things you’ll need:
• An Adobe account // you can also use an account I created
username: firstname.lastname@example.org | password: adobehelp
or you can sing up here *PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THE PASSWORD NOR EMAIL OF THIS ACCOUNT, (or i will personally hunt you down) THANK YOU ^^;
• Adobe Illustrator CS6 set-up file
[you can download it from the official site here and log-in using the email and password provided above or with your own account]
Box: ZIP | RAR
**NOTE: I can only provide the set-up for Illustator, take into account that it might NOT work for everyone. Which is why I’m providing you with the adobe account.
Things to remember during the set-up:
• It will ask you for your account info about 3 times during the entire installation process.
• You must install as a trial, because I WON’T be providing you with a serial number.
I will now try to walk you through the installation process (please observe as i fail).
How to Install Illustrator:
(if you know how to install it, feel free to skip these steps. just make sure is installed as a trial.)
*Click on the links for visuals.
• Go to the Adobe Official site (if the set-up file I provided didn’t work) and click on download.
• Once the file has finished downloading, the Adobe Download Assistant will open, enter your email and password (or use the one provided above).
- If you can’t find Illustrator, look at the All Products column in the Show Me section select Desing and click on download Illustrator. -
• The downloading takes approximately 2 hours.
• Click on the Set-Up file, a box will pop-up (it usually takes about 2-3 minutes to finish)
• Click on “Try: I want to try Adobe Illustrator CS6 for a limited time”.
• Accept the Adobe Software License Agreement.
• Sing in.
• You’ll have the options to choose what to install (you can install both or just one depending of your operating system: computer> right click > properties > system type)
• Finish the installation, this will take another 30-35 minutes.
Now that you have Photoshop installed, lets get to the amtlib.dll
• Go to your “Computer” located in your Start Menu.
• In your “Hard Disk Drives”, click on Local Disk (C:).
• Locate your “Program Files” folder and click on the one corresponding to your system .
- For some of you there might be two folders, I clicked on Program Files. But again this depends on the system your computer is operating. If you choose to install both versions of Illustrator you can add the amtlib.dll to both folders: Program Files and Program Files (x86) -
*NOTE: My computer is operating on 64 bit.
• Locate the “Adobe” folder, open it.
• Locate the Adobe Illustrator CS6 (64 bit) or Adobe Illustrator CS6 and open it.
• Click on Support Files.
• Click on Contents.
• And finally Windows.
• Locate the amtlib.dll file.
*NOTE: You can either rename your amtlib.dll to amtlib1.dll or replace the files. I would personally recommend you to rename it, that way if you decide you want to buy Illustrator you can just erase the amtlib.dll and rename the amtlib1.dll back to its original name.
• If you decided to rename your amtlib.dll you should have two .dll files, it should look like this. (your folder should contain both the amtlib.dll and the amtlib1.dll)
For some reason when I opened Illustrator the loading logo says “Tryout”. If when Illustrator finishes loading it asks you for a serial number or to continue as a trial, the tutorial didn’t work. Sadly. ;__;
Ways of knowing if the tutorial worked/didn’t worked:
Open Illustrator and click on the Help menu.
When it doesn’t work your Help menu would look like this and when it does work it would look like this. As you can see when it works you can click on the Product Registration option ^^.
[Here is a F.A.Q post, because on my last tutorial I got a lot of repetitive questions and it should be helpful for both you and me. Please make sure to read it, your question might already have an answer. Also be sure to check my q.a tag, you might also find your answer there. ^^;]
That is all, have fun and enjoy :D